Applications are currently open through January 26, 2017 for Artist INC Advance 2017.
Applications are only accepted through Submittable. Click HERE to apply!
Artist INC Advance KC 2017 will take place March 6 - May 8, 2017. This session will run on consecutive Monday evenings from 6:30-9:30 p.m. from March 6 through May, 8, 2017 with a break half way through the week of April 3.
Artist INC Advance Schedule
Session 1: Monday, March 6, 2017
Session 2: Monday, March 13, 2017
Session 3: Monday, March 20, 2017
Session 4: Monday, March 27, 2017
SESSION BREAK: Monday, April 3, 2017
Session 5: Monday, April 10, 2017
Session 6: Monday, April 17, 2017
Session 7: Monday, April 24, 2017
Session 8: Monday, May 1, 2017
Final Presentation Event: Monday, May 8, 2017
APPLICATION & RESUME:
Applicants of all artistic disciplines must complete a narrative application form, submit their resume/CV and digital work sample online through Submittable.com during the open application period.
- Visual Artists: 4 digital images to be submitted online through Submittable.com (limit 1 MB per image)
- Performing Artists, Dancers and Filmmakers: up to 4 minutes of digital video submitted online through Submittable.com
- Writers: up to 8 representative pages submitted online through Submittable.com
- Musicians: up to 4 minutes of digital audio submitted online through Submittable.com
Applicants facing difficulties completing online submissions should contact Jamie Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The narrative application to be completed online through Submittable.com includes the following narrative questions:
- Provide both a short (50 words) and a more detailed (500 words) description of your project.
- How will your project advance your progress in attaining one or more of your strategic goals for your art practice? (250 words)
- From a business and artistic standpoint, describe your progress toward your proposed project to date, what work you anticipate you will complete toward the project in 2017 and when the project ideally will be complete. (100 words)
- Applicants must live within an 80 mile radius of downtown Kansas City, MO.
- Applicants who will be enrolled in a program of undergraduate or graduate study during the workshop are ineligible to apply.
Applicants facing difficulties in completing online submission requirements on Submittable.com should contact Jamie Braun at email@example.com.