- Applicants must live within an 80 mile radius of downtown Kansas City, MO.
- Only alumni of the Creative Capital Core Curriculum or Artist INC Live sessions held in Kansas City between 2007 and 2012 are eligible to apply.
The narrative application to be completed online through CallForEntry.org includes the following questions:
- Biography (100 words maximum)
- Artist Statement (100 words maximum)
- Project Summary (50 words maximum).
- Longer Project Description (250 words). Tell us about your project in more detail.
- Project Progress: From an artistic and business standpoint, describe your progress toward your proposed project to date, what work you anticipate you will complete toward the project in 2013, and when the project will ideally be complete. (100 words maximum)
- Professional Growth. How will your project advance you in your artistic and professional growth? Why is this project worth pursuing at this point in your artistic career? (200 words maximum)
Please include support materials which will clarify your project and support your application. You may use any of the following forms of support materials (maximum 2 forms):
- Digital images (maximum 4)
- Video file (3 minutes maximum)
- Audio file (3 minutes maximum)
- URLs (for up to 3 minutes of review)
- Written work samples (maximum 8 pages)
WORK SAMPLE FORMATTING:
CallForEntry.org has specific formatting requirements for digital work samples, as detailed below. CallForEntry.org provides many free online resources and instructions to complete formatting requirements. Please visit their Tutorials and Resources
page. Applicants facing difficulties in completing online submission requirements should contact Diane Scott at Diane@ArtistINCkc.com What are the image specifications?
All images must be formatted to the following specifications in order to upload them successfully into the system.
What are the formatting specifications for audio files?
- Dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side
- File Format: Save all images as BASELINE Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
- File Size: JPEGs must be under 1.8 MB.
- Color space: Save images in an RGB color space, preferably sRGB.
What are the formatting specifications for video files?
- File Types Accepted: AIFF, WAV, XMF, MP3
- Bit Rate: minimum 96 kpbs, maximum 320 kbps
- Codec: aiff, wav, au
- File Size: 10 MB maximum
Please note: your video file will be converted to a flash file to enable system playback.
- File Types Accepted: 3GP, WMV, AVI, MOV, ASF, MPG, MP4, M2T, MKV, M2TS
- Resolution: minimum 640x480, maximum 1920x1080
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
- Bit Rate: recommended above 240Kbps
- Frame Rate: minimum 12 fps, recommended 30 fps. The frame rate of the original video should be maintained without re-sampling. In particular, pulldown and other frame rate re-sampling techniques are strongly discouraged.
- Codec: h.264, h.263, mpeg-1, mpeg-2, mpeg-4, Windows Media Video, and motion jpeg mpeg-1 muxed, Apple Lossless
- Container: 3gp, asf, avi, mov, mpeg, mpeg-2, mp4, ogg
- File Size: 100 MB maximum