Only alumni of the Creative Capital Professional Development Weekend or Artist INC sessions held in Kansas City between 2007 and 2012 are eligible to apply. Twenty-five participants will be selected by a panel based on the following criteria:
- quality, potential, and applicability to workshop focus of the proposed project as identified below in “Projects” and
- demonstrated, successful track record of ongoing, professional artistic activity and high quality work.
Projects should be focused on applicant’s artistic work, but may take a variety of forms.
- Projects focused on completing and launching to the public a new artistic work or body of work.
Example: composition of a new chamber music piece and live performance of the work in a multimedia production.
Example: creation of a literary work and pursuit of publishing representation.
- Projects focused on transitioning your art into a new market or new channel of display or distribution.
- Example: visual artist currently selling through high-end art fairs pursing a diversification of distribution channels through a systematic solicitation of national representation.
- Example: musician currently focused on local performances expanding geographic distribution through national or international touring opportunities.
- Example: playwright pursing national venues for an existing work that has already been produced locally.
- Projects focused on starting a new arts related enterprise or nonprofit entity.
- Example: writer creating a new online, monthly publication as a for-profit venture.
- Example: performer creating a new non-profit entity to support and promote the advancement and performance of contemporary dance pieces.
- Projects focused on accomplishment of one or more of the artist's long-term personal goals related to their art work.
- Example: systematic transition from pursing art practice in tandem with a day-job to pursing art practice as a whole-time, fully supporting practice.
- Example: systematic pursuit of high-end gallery representation or museum placement.
Projects are not in any way limited to those identified in the examples above. We are interested in a variety of projects that may or may not be represented here. For questions regarding project criteria, please contact Diane Scott at Diane@ArtistINCkc.com.
Group Projects: Two or more artists may apply using the same project, if said project is a collaborative effort. Each artist must apply for the Artist INC II program individually. In each artists' response to the narrative application questions they may use common answers for questions 3, 4 and 5, but must respond individually to questions 1, 2, and 6. For additional information relative to your unique circumstances, please contact Diane Scott at Diane@ArtistINCkc.com.
A substantial portion of the proposed project (artistically and/or business-related) must be actively pursued during the 2013 calendar year. This may include, but is not limited to, the actual production of the artistic work, marketing, financing, and/or public launch.