Applications are currently open through July 14, 2017 for the
Fall 2017 session of Artist INC KC.
FALL SESSION DATES & LOCATION
The next Artist INC KC seminar will take place on eight consecutive Monday evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:30 p.m. starting September 25 and running through November 13, 2017.
- September 25
- October 2
- October 9
- October 16
- October 23
- October 30
- November 6
- November 13
Applications for Artist INC consist of the following items:
APPLICATION & RESUME
Applicants of all artistic disciplines must complete a narrative application form, submit their resume/CV and digital work sample online through Submittable.com during the open application period.
- Visual Artists: 4 digital images to be submitted online through Submittable.com (limit 1 MB per image)
- Performing Artists, Dancers and Filmmakers: up to 4 minutes of digital video submitted online through Submittable.com
- Writers: up to 8 representative pages submitted online through Submittable.com
- Musicians: up to 4 minutes of digital audio submitted online through Submittable.com
The narrative application to be completed online through Submittable.com includes three questions:
- Provide a statement describing your work, your primary motivation for creating work, and your passion for your chosen artistic discipline. (maximum of 500 words)
- What do you want your arts career to look like five years from now? (maximum of 500 words)
- What do you see as key opportunities or challenges relative to your artistic career, and how do you think participation in this seminar will help you to advance as a professional artist? (maximum of 500 words)
- Applicants must live within an 80 mile radius of downtown Kansas City, MO.
- Applicants who will be enrolled in a program of undergraduate or graduate study during the workshop are ineligible to apply.
Applicants facing difficulties in completing online submissions on Submittable.com should contact Sarah Hearn at firstname.lastname@example.org