Applications for Artist INC consist of the following items:
APPLICATION & RESUME:
Applicants of all artistic disciplines must complete a narrative application form, submit their resume/CV and digital work sample online through CallForEntry.org during the open application period.
- Visual Artists: 4 digital images to be submitted online through CallForEntry.org
- Performing Artists, Dancers and Filmmakers: up to 4 minutes of digital video submitted online through CallForEntry.org
- Writers: up to 8 representative pages submitted online through CallForEntry.org
- Musicians: up to 4 minutes of digital audio submitted online through CallForEntry.org
Applicants facing difficulties completing online submissions should contact Diane Scott at email@example.com for assistance.
The narrative application to be completed online through CallForEntry.org includes three questions:
- Provide a statement describing your work, your primary motivation for creating work, and your passion for your chosen artistic discipline. (maximum of 2,500 characters)
- What do you want your arts career to look like five years from now? (maximum of 2,000 characters)
- What do you see as key opportunities or challenges relative to your artistic career, and how do you think participation in this seminar will help you to advance as a professional artist? (maximum 2,000 characters)
WORK SAMPLE FORMATTING:
- Applicants must live within an 80 mile radius of downtown Kansas City, MO.
- Applicants who will be enrolled in a program of undergraduate or graduate study during the workshop are ineligible to apply.
CallForEntry.org has specific formatting requirements for digital work samples, as detailed below. CallForEntry.org provides many free online resources and instructions to complete formatting requirements. Please visit their Tutorials and Resources page. Applicants facing difficulties in completing online submission requirements should contact Diane Scott at Diane@ArtistINCkc.com.
- Dimensions: 1920 x 1920 pixels
- File Format: Save all images as BASELINE Standard JPEB. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
- File Size: JPEGs must be under 1.8 MB
- Color Space: Save images in an RGB color space, preferably sRGB.
- File Types Accepted: AIFF, WAV, XMF, MP3
- Bit Rate: minimum 96 kpbs, maximum 320 kbps
- Codec: aiff, wav, au
- File Size: 10 MB maximum
- File Types Accepted: 3GP, WMV, AVI, MOV, ASF, MPG, MP4, M2T, MKV, M2TS
- Resolution: minimum 640x480, maximum 1920x1080
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
- Bit Rate: recommended above 240Kbps
- Frame Rate: minimum 12 fps, recommended 30 fps. The frame rate of the original video should be maintained without re-sampling. In particular, pulldown and other frame rate re-sampling techniques are strongly discouraged.
- Codec: h 264, h 263, mpeg-1, mpeg-2, mpeg-4, Windows Media Video, and motion jpeg mpeg-1 muxed, Apple Lossless
- Container: 3gp, asf, avi, mov, mpeg, mpeg-2, mp4, ogg
- File Size: 100 MB maximum