Register your art business

If you’re selling services or your artwork, you must register your business with the Secretary of State’s office. In Missouri, every business must be registered, even if it is a D.B.A. (doing business as), also known as a fictitious registration. Kansas, however, does not require the registration of fictitious names or sole proprietorships (a business that is owned and run by one individual and where there is no legal distinction between the owner and the business).